Planning a fun, unforgettable event can be difficult, especially when you have no idea where to start. And yet, with a detail-oriented approach and an open-minded attitude, you can definitely pull of a fantastic reception regardless of how tight your budget may be, of what the purpose of the event may be or how many people are invited.
Do you really know how to create a fun reception? Here are some great tips to inspire you with this:
- The décor is actually important. Yes, it may not be entertainment per se. But it can definitely set people in the right mood, it can surely create a great ambiance and it can absolutely complement your event’s theme, purpose and story. So, by all means, invest time and patience in putting together a décor that really speaks about how much you want this reception to be FUN.
- Music is obviously crucial. And no, music from an USB stick will never be as good as music mixed by a pro who knows what people want to listen to, when they want to listen to it and, probably most importantly, how to make all those people want to not just listen to the music, but dance on it as well.
- Be spontaneous and surprising. People love being surprised in a nice way. A photo booth, a fun theme that takes people back in time (or further in the future), a night full of games – these things can make a huge difference for your event, so it is more than worth considering them. They might cost a little extra – but they will add so much to your reception that you will never regret having invested in them.
Searching for an experienced, dedicated and truly amazing event entertainer in Nashville, Tennessee? Spangler Entertainment has a wide range of services prepared for all sorts of events – so come visit us, see what we offer and hire us for the big party!
There’s no other event more important, more magnificent and more life-changing than your wedding. This is a completely special day in your life – and you want the very best for it, and for the people who attend it.
Naturally, your wedding music is one of your main concerns – especially since it can add so much to your overall wedding vibe! But what are some of the things no one tells you about picking your wedding music? Read on and find out more.
- The first dance song will have a larger-than-life importance to you. Choosing it will feel like a rollercoaster of emotions, as you listen through the songs you love and see which one suits your love story the most. Yes, this is a very important choice for your Big Day. But at the same time, remember not to stress out too much. In the end, the more stressed out you are, the more likely it will be you will miss out on “the perfect song” when you stumble across it.
- You should really have a pro check your venue’s sound system. The fact that your wedding venue provides a sound system is not necessarily a guarantee of the system’s quality. Just to be on the safe side, ask your DJ to analyze the sound system of your wedding venue and see if you might need something different for the best music experience.
- Hiring your friend as a DJ is NOT a good idea. For once, they might be amateurs and this means they may not know exactly how to entertain the diverse crowd at your wedding. Also, they may simply lack experience in disc jockeying at weddings (as they may be working in clubs or other venues). Last, but definitely not least, even if your friend is a professional wedding DJ, you don’t want them to be working on your wedding day, do you?
Looking for a really experienced, dedicated and professional wedding DJ in Tennessee? Come visit Spangler Entertainment and take a look at what we offer. We guarantee we will not disappoint you with our top-notch services!
Your wedding cocktail hour is a very important part of the Big Day. As the bridge between the ceremony and the reception, the cocktail hour should be the perfect blend between “chilling out” and “ready to party” – and the music you play now is absolutely crucial when it comes to creating the right ambiance.
What are some great song options to incorporate into your wedding cocktail hour? We have gathered some ideas for you – so read on if you need a bit of inspiration.
- Lana del Rey – Young and Beautiful. This is one of the most romantic and haunting songs created in the past few years – so if you want to incorporate a mellow, soft and sweet song into the cocktail hour playlist, and if you want it to be modern as well, we definitely recommend you to consider this option.
- Stevie Wonder – For Once in My Life. An all-time classic everyone will recognize and love, this song sets a very romantic atmosphere, making people want to socialize with one another and truly get in the mood for the big party.
- Ray LaMontagne – You Are the Best Thing. Also very romantic and soft, this song is perfect for a wedding cocktail hour precisely because it strikes the perfect balance between the mellow tunes of the ceremony and the more up-lifting ones of the reception.
- Regina Spektor – You’ve Got Time. Very well-known due to its association with the popular Orange Is the New Black TV Series, this song is fun and unusual, but it can work very well as background music while your guests talk to each other and prepare for the reception.
Searching for excellent wedding entertainers in Tennessee? If so, you should definitely come and see what Spangler Entertainment has to offer! With disc jockeying and wedding entertainment services worthy of a truly magnificent Big Day, we can ensure both you and your guests will have a truly great time with our help! Contact us and find out more about our services!
Photo source: flickr.com/ rtadlock