Your wedding ceremony deserves to be really, really amazing. It doesn’t happen every day that you tie the knot in front of all of your friends and closest relatives – so yes, you definitely want to make this event feel absolutely unforgettable.
Here at Spangler Entertainment, we believe in the power of music more than anything else. We think music should accompany us on the biggest life events – and weddings make no exception. Yet, how do you use music to make your wedding ceremony feel utterly unique? What are the best songs for this special moment? Read on and inspire yourself.
- Hallelujah, Leonard Cohen. Undoubtedly one of the most beautiful songs created in the last few decades, Hallelujah is more than a hit – it’s a true ballad of the soul, able to soothe and elevate humans to a state of beautiful dreaming. That is precisely why this song is so great for weddings!
- Your Song, Elton John. A voice impossible to mistake and a song with deep, meaningful lyrics. What more could you wish from your wedding processional song? Give this a listen once again and you will definitely see why it’s such a great choice for your Big Day too!
- Hedwig’s Theme from Harry Potter. In love with the book/movie series? Looking for an instrumental song that’s modern and unique at the same time? This is IT! If you don’t remember it, listen to it right now – we guarantee you’ll fall in love with it!
Looking for a truly dedicated wedding DJ in Tennessee? Come see what Spangler Entertainment can offer. Our services are created to make brides, grooms, and their guests feel genuinely amazing at weddings – so you will never regret hiring us. Call us today and let’s talk about your Big Day!
Prince was one of the biggest and most preeminent pop starts in the history of music. Even today, decades after his first hits came out and more than one year after his passing away, Prince is still a legend.
If you love his music, you will definitely want to include it in the Big Day’s playlist – but how do you do that? We have gathered some of the best song suggestions from his discography – so read on if you need a bit of inspiration.
- Raspberry Beret. As one of his most popular songs, Raspberry Beret is a true masterpiece in its own right. Sweet, romantic, and filled with youthful energy, this tune is perfect for a wedding reception – especially since many people will recognize its sound (which will consequently make them want to join in on the dance floor).
- This song has a touch of nostalgia to it. With an 80s vibe that’s really powerful, 1999 is the kind of song that will definitely be appealing to most of your guests, regardless of their age (and, to be completely honest, even regardless of their general taste in music). Play this tune when you want to boost your guests’ energy levels!
- Purple Rain. By far one of the most famous Prince songs (and probably one of the most famous songs of its generation), this tune has a sad vibe to it. Thus, it may not be the most wedding-appropriate song to play during the wedding. Yet, if you love Prince, this song is hard to miss – plus, it can be amazing for a moment of relaxation when guests want to slow down on the dance floor and simply seize the amazing minutes of romanticism floating in the air.
Planning your wedding in Tennessee? Haven’t found the right wedding and event DJ and entertainer? Contact Spangler Entertainment right now – you will not be disappointed!
We will always encourage the couples we work with to choose music that represents them and their love stories. Yet, this doesn’t mean it is always OK to settle on completely unconventional options (especially with the ceremony music, which tends to be more traditional).
So, what are these situations? When is it not alright to play unconventional music during the ceremony? We have some tips for you – so read on and find out more.
- When the lyrics are inappropriate in any way. Be sure to give your songs a very good listen before putting them on the playlist. Some of them are not that bad when you first hear them, but when you give them a closer listen, you will find that they are totally incompatible with weddings.
- When the ceremony site doesn’t allow it. Some religious sites are quite strict with what can happen inside, during the ceremony. From music to décor, they will be very specific about the elements they agree with and the elements that are completely forbidden. If you are very keen on personalizing your ceremony, be sure to talk to your ceremony officiant and see what they think about this.
- When your loved one is not exactly a fan. No matter how much you like a song, don’t play it at the wedding if your fiancé doesn’t like it. You wouldn’t like this either, and this wedding is for both of you, right? Your wedding should be pleasant for both of you!
Looking for the most talented wedding DJ in Tennessee? Contact Spangler Entertainment right now! We have the experience, the equipment, and the energy you need to make your Big Day feel truly fun! Contact us and learn everything you need to know about our wedding DJ and entertainment services!