Thought you have to be a professional dancer or to hire a professional choreographer to pull off one of those fantastic, unforgettable wedding dances? Well, you were wrong – anyone can learn a few basic tricks and create a First Dance their guests will always remember.
Sure, it takes a bit of determination and practice – but love can really move the mountains, right? Here are some of the crucial elements to remember when creating the perfect dance for your wedding:
- Start on the right foot – or, better said, in the right pose. The leader’s left hand should be cupped under the right shoulder blade of the follower, while the latter’s right hand should rest upon the biceps of the leader. Further on, both of the partners should clasp their “free” hands together.
- You don’t need to learn very complicated dance moves for your wedding dance – the basic box step will definitely get you out of trouble, regardless of the song playing in the background. You can easily learn this dance step with online tutorials and a little time at your disposal – and you can absolutely pull it off even if you have never danced before.
- If you want to make your First Dance look and feel more spectacular, you can add a few easy tricks – such as the underarm turn or a dip. These dance moves are really easy to learn too, and they can definitely add that wow effect that will impress everyone invited at your wedding.
Searching for the best, most talented, and most dedicated wedding and event DJ in Tennessee? Contact Spangler Entertainment and learn more about the entertainment services we provide. Hire us and you will not be disappointed in any way: we have the experience, the equipment, and the pure passion you need to make your Big Day feel absolutely unforgettable!
All of your wedding moments will be filled with joy, hope, and beauty – but your wedding dance will surely stand out from the crowd and stick to your memory as a magical, unforgettable micro-event.
How to really wow your guests with a memorable first dance, though? We have some tips for you – so read on if you don’t want to have the traditional wedding dance.
- Music matters. The song you choose for your first dance will set the tone – literally. Therefore, it’s very important not to feel constricted by any kind of traditions or “rules of etiquette”. If Metallica’s Nothing Else Matters or Missy Elliot’s Get Your Fun On is what makes you tick as a couple, go ahead and settle on it.
- Hire a band just for the wedding dance. Not sure what to choose between a band and a DJ? How about both? Hiring a band for the first dance will add a special, unique touch to your entire moment, making it feel more real, more personal, and more unforgettable too.
- Create a medley of songs. If you can’t settle on one song only, don’t worry – you can actually mingle multiple of them into one. Create a really unique blend that speaks about your personalities and love stories – we guarantee guests will love the idea.
- Bring in some props. Big Star Wars fans? Why not start your wedding dance with a short light saber moment? Want to add a bit of humor? Wearing fun props will surely do the trick. The main point is not being afraid to step outside of what’s been done a million times before and being really creative about this once-in-a-lifetime moment!
Looking for an exquisite wedding DJ and entertainer in Tennessee? Come visit Spangler Entertainment and learn more about the huge variety of wedding and event entertainment services we offer!
Your first dance as husband and wife is bound to be a truly magical and unforgettable moment – but it can also be nerve-wrecking and anxiety-inducing too. How to make sure you create a perfectly memorable first dance? We have some tips for you – so read on and find out more.
- The song. The key to finding a great song for your first dance is none other than the key to any good relationship: communication. Talk to your fiancé, see what songs you both like and decide on a handful few. If you are lost for ideas, ask your DJ or your wedding planner for suggestions. Also, keep in mind that this should be a really danceable song – and, maybe even more than that, it should be an appropriate If you’re not sure what is “appropriate” and what is not, run a “grandma” test on each song you go through (if she would frown upon it, you may have to move on to another song).
- The dance. We’re not all born to be natural dancers – so you and your fiancé will have to prepare for this moment. Create a glamorous entrance, learn the basic box step and sprinkle your first dance with some “dips” and “spins” – they are bound to satisfy any crowd’s appetite for beautiful moments.
- The special effects. Want to make your first dance even more memorable? Play with the lighting, with smoke or with any other “special effects” you may choose to rent for your Big Day. Trust us, they can be a complete game-changer!
Searching for a fantastic wedding DJ or for someone able to provide you with high quality lighting and décor services? Spangler Entertainment can help you with all of your wedding entertainment needs! Contact us, find out more about who we are and book us for your unforgettable wedding!