Prince was one of the biggest and most preeminent pop starts in the history of music. Even today, decades after his first hits came out and more than one year after his passing away, Prince is still a legend.
If you love his music, you will definitely want to include it in the Big Day’s playlist – but how do you do that? We have gathered some of the best song suggestions from his discography – so read on if you need a bit of inspiration.
- Raspberry Beret. As one of his most popular songs, Raspberry Beret is a true masterpiece in its own right. Sweet, romantic, and filled with youthful energy, this tune is perfect for a wedding reception – especially since many people will recognize its sound (which will consequently make them want to join in on the dance floor).
- This song has a touch of nostalgia to it. With an 80s vibe that’s really powerful, 1999 is the kind of song that will definitely be appealing to most of your guests, regardless of their age (and, to be completely honest, even regardless of their general taste in music). Play this tune when you want to boost your guests’ energy levels!
- Purple Rain. By far one of the most famous Prince songs (and probably one of the most famous songs of its generation), this tune has a sad vibe to it. Thus, it may not be the most wedding-appropriate song to play during the wedding. Yet, if you love Prince, this song is hard to miss – plus, it can be amazing for a moment of relaxation when guests want to slow down on the dance floor and simply seize the amazing minutes of romanticism floating in the air.
Planning your wedding in Tennessee? Haven’t found the right wedding and event DJ and entertainer? Contact Spangler Entertainment right now – you will not be disappointed!
There’s nothing more pleasing for a newlywed couple than knowing their wedding guests had tons of fun during the Big Day – and dancing will always be a huge part of the entire “fun package” at weddings.
How to keep everyone on the dance floor all night long, until the sun comes up?
Here are some tips to help you encourage guests to spend more time on the dance floor – and thus, create more amazing memories.
- Make a good selection. Your wedding playlist doesn’t have to be all-emotional, but it should have at least a couple of moments charged with sentimentalism and beauty. Usually, these moments are attributed to the First Dance and Father-Daughter/Mother-Son Dances. However, you can definitely prepare a special moment for your wedding party too!
- Invest in a surprise late-night snack that will wow everyone. Energize your guests with a late-night snack that’s deliciously forbidden. Pizza, burgers, mac and cheese, gourmet versions of all the comfort foods we all know and love – it doesn’t matter, as long as it’s something fun, surprising, and unique.
- Invest in a very, very good DJ. Choose to work with a DJ who has actual experience in dealing with a very diverse crowd. From your grandma to your 14-year old cousin, everyone at the wedding is supposed to have fun and dance – so it is very important to choose a DJ who understands everyone and what everyone wants to listen to.
Who is that wedding DJ in Tennessee? None other than Spangler Entertainment, of course! Regardless of whether you’re planning a wedding, a Bar Mitzvah, or a very large corporate party, rest assured that we will be able to provide you with a wide range of wedding DJ and entertainment services – all just to make sure your guests have a really good time at your event! Contact us today!
Given that most weddings cost a lot, it is perfectly understandable why most couples want to save as much money as possible. Sure, there are tons of ways to save money on everything wedding-related: from the venue to the menu and from the dress to everything else meant to impress. Can you save serious bucks on wedding music, though? Even more, can you do it in a way that doesn’t sacrifice the fun you’ll all have at your wedding?
Here are some tips to remember:
- First of all, avoid the peak season. Fall weddings can be incredibly romantic, Winter weddings can be ethereal and magical, and early Spring weddings can be filled with energy and beauty – so, unless you are keen on having a Summer wedding, you should definitely consider an off-season event.
- Did you know you might be able to actually get a discount, directly from the wedding DJ himself? For example, ask if they offer discounts for contracts paid 100% in advance – chances are they might be able to help you with that.
- Less time does not always equal less money. In fact, it rarely does. When booking a DJ for just a couple of hours or so, there’s a very high chance you will have to pay for overtime when the party starts “moving”. And yes, overtime fees will actually end up more costly than paying for the same number of hours from the very beginning. Think twice before hiring a DJ for an insufficient amount of time!
Planning your Big Day in Tennessee? Contact Spangler Entertainment if you are searching for the very best and most talented wedding and event DJ and entertainment company in the entire area! Let’s talk about your wedding day and we promise not to disappoint in any way!