We know you want your Tennessee guests to really party at your wedding or event. But what does it take to create the kind of party playlist that really brings (and keeps) everyone on the dance floor? We have gathered some tips for you – so read on and find out more.
- Yes, sometimes it’s that simple. Ask your guests what songs they would like to hear during the wedding. You can do this via the RSVPs or you can simply leave little notes close to the DJ, so that your guests can write down their requests. Sure, your DJ will not be able to play all of these songs, given the limited amount of time available – but he might be able to sift through the requests and see which are the most popular ones at least.
- It’s OK to be devoted to one musical genres – but your guests are so different among themselves! Diversify the playlist with songs pertaining to different ages and different genres – this way, you strike a better chance of actually gathering everyone on the dance floor, from your auntie to your pre-teen sister.
- Be Popular. Yes, it does help to know the most popular wedding reception songs of the moment – chances are most of your guests will enjoy these. For instance, OutKast’s Hey Ya! Is still among the top preferences, along with Uptown Funk, All of Me, and even Whitney Houston’s I Wanna Dance With Somebody. Pretty diverse, right?
Planning a big Tennessee event in your life? A wedding? Or maybe a corporate party? Don’t worry, Spangler Entertainment has everything you may need to keep you entertained! Contact us and learn more about our wedding DJ services, as well as all the other amazing event entertainment services we offer!
Prince was one of the biggest and most preeminent pop starts in the history of music. Even today, decades after his first hits came out and more than one year after his passing away, Prince is still a legend.
If you love his music, you will definitely want to include it in the Big Day’s playlist – but how do you do that? We have gathered some of the best song suggestions from his discography – so read on if you need a bit of inspiration.
- Raspberry Beret. As one of his most popular songs, Raspberry Beret is a true masterpiece in its own right. Sweet, romantic, and filled with youthful energy, this tune is perfect for a wedding reception – especially since many people will recognize its sound (which will consequently make them want to join in on the dance floor).
- This song has a touch of nostalgia to it. With an 80s vibe that’s really powerful, 1999 is the kind of song that will definitely be appealing to most of your guests, regardless of their age (and, to be completely honest, even regardless of their general taste in music). Play this tune when you want to boost your guests’ energy levels!
- Purple Rain. By far one of the most famous Prince songs (and probably one of the most famous songs of its generation), this tune has a sad vibe to it. Thus, it may not be the most wedding-appropriate song to play during the wedding. Yet, if you love Prince, this song is hard to miss – plus, it can be amazing for a moment of relaxation when guests want to slow down on the dance floor and simply seize the amazing minutes of romanticism floating in the air.
Planning your wedding in Tennessee? Haven’t found the right wedding and event DJ and entertainer? Contact Spangler Entertainment right now – you will not be disappointed!
There’s nothing more pleasing for a newlywed couple than knowing their wedding guests had tons of fun during the Big Day – and dancing will always be a huge part of the entire “fun package” at weddings.
How to keep everyone on the dance floor all night long, until the sun comes up?
Here are some tips to help you encourage guests to spend more time on the dance floor – and thus, create more amazing memories.
- Make a good selection. Your wedding playlist doesn’t have to be all-emotional, but it should have at least a couple of moments charged with sentimentalism and beauty. Usually, these moments are attributed to the First Dance and Father-Daughter/Mother-Son Dances. However, you can definitely prepare a special moment for your wedding party too!
- Invest in a surprise late-night snack that will wow everyone. Energize your guests with a late-night snack that’s deliciously forbidden. Pizza, burgers, mac and cheese, gourmet versions of all the comfort foods we all know and love – it doesn’t matter, as long as it’s something fun, surprising, and unique.
- Invest in a very, very good DJ. Choose to work with a DJ who has actual experience in dealing with a very diverse crowd. From your grandma to your 14-year old cousin, everyone at the wedding is supposed to have fun and dance – so it is very important to choose a DJ who understands everyone and what everyone wants to listen to.
Who is that wedding DJ in Tennessee? None other than Spangler Entertainment, of course! Regardless of whether you’re planning a wedding, a Bar Mitzvah, or a very large corporate party, rest assured that we will be able to provide you with a wide range of wedding DJ and entertainment services – all just to make sure your guests have a really good time at your event! Contact us today!