Prince was one of the biggest and most preeminent pop starts in the history of music. Even today, decades after his first hits came out and more than one year after his passing away, Prince is still a legend.
If you love his music, you will definitely want to include it in the Big Day’s playlist – but how do you do that? We have gathered some of the best song suggestions from his discography – so read on if you need a bit of inspiration.
- Raspberry Beret. As one of his most popular songs, Raspberry Beret is a true masterpiece in its own right. Sweet, romantic, and filled with youthful energy, this tune is perfect for a wedding reception – especially since many people will recognize its sound (which will consequently make them want to join in on the dance floor).
- This song has a touch of nostalgia to it. With an 80s vibe that’s really powerful, 1999 is the kind of song that will definitely be appealing to most of your guests, regardless of their age (and, to be completely honest, even regardless of their general taste in music). Play this tune when you want to boost your guests’ energy levels!
- Purple Rain. By far one of the most famous Prince songs (and probably one of the most famous songs of its generation), this tune has a sad vibe to it. Thus, it may not be the most wedding-appropriate song to play during the wedding. Yet, if you love Prince, this song is hard to miss – plus, it can be amazing for a moment of relaxation when guests want to slow down on the dance floor and simply seize the amazing minutes of romanticism floating in the air.
Planning your wedding in Tennessee? Haven’t found the right wedding and event DJ and entertainer? Contact Spangler Entertainment right now – you will not be disappointed!
Regardless of whether you are planning a big birthday party, an anniversary, a wedding, or a corporate event, you will want to make sure every single guests has plenty of fun. And yes, music plays a huge role in all this.
How to replace the line dance songs your guests know way too much? We have some suggestions for you – so read on, find out more, and create the very best playlist for your wedding day.
- The Cha Cha Slide is an all-time wedding classic – but most people have listened to it one too many times. If you want to avoid a bored crowd, replace this song with Cupid’s Shuffle. This song is sweet and full of energy – but even more than anything, it’s just perfect for a joyous life event (such as an anniversary or a wedding, for example).
- The Locomotion is another classic line dance song everyone loves. However, the sad truth is that it’s been played at nearly every wedding for the last few decades. Why not replace it with a tune that’s just as catchy and energizing, but a bit more modern? The Harlem Shake is a great example here.
- Staying Alive is another great party song that attracts a lot of people to the dance floor. Same as the other songs mentioned here though, it’s been played too much – and it might be time for it to take a break. Blurred Lines is a great replacement for this song – so give it a chance and you will not regret it!
Looking for a DJ and event entertainer for your big party? Come visit Spangler Entertainment in Tennessee and learn more about our services – and why we are the best at what we do. Hire us and you will never regret it!
Of all arts, there’s nothing to beat the power of music and its unique ways of touching people’s hearts. Given the huge importance of your Big Day, you will definitely want it to be accompanied by the sweetest, loveliest tunes – but what are some of the most commonly chosen wedding ceremony songs out there? We have gathered them right below – so, if you are looking for inspiration, make sure to read on and find out more.
- Wagner’s Bridal Chorus is a timeless masterpiece everyone knows, loves and appreciates. So, if you want to be 100% traditional about your wedding processional, this is the it tune to play as you walk down the aisle towards the person you love most in the world.
- Bach’s Jesu Joy of Man’s Desiring is a song just as grand and widely known as the previously mentioned one. Yet, it makes for a better choice for couples who want to stay within the traditional wedding music “rules” and still have a dash of personality sprinkled into their playlist. Positive and vibrant, this song will fill everyone’s hearts with pure joy and sweet vibes.
- Braveheart’s For the Love of a Princess. Looking for a more modern wedding processional or recessional song? This tune from Braveheart will melt everyone’s hearts away – and it will surely fill you with truly magnificent and beautiful emotions!
- The Platters’ Only You. Now, here’s a song you really cannot not love. Sweet, romantic, and deeply meaningful, Only You ranks among the world’s most commonly-played wedding songs – and for a good reason too. Ideal for a vintage wedding, but it can work just as fine with just about any other wedding theme too!
Looking for a talented wedding DJ and entertainer in Tennessee? Come visit Spangler Entertainment and learn more about the wide range of entertainment services we can provide you with. Hire us and your wedding will be UNFORGETTABLE from all points of view!